The ProAc Response D30R is the ribbon tweeter fitted version of the D30 speakers. These speakers utilise a new polymer rear coated carbon fibre coned bass driver mounted in a slim enclosure. Bass loading is achieved by side vented directional loading similar to that used in the D40, producing an extremely accurate and powerful bass response with good extension and low colouration.
ProAc has recently implemented the use of carbon fibre in the cones of the Response D40 and Carbon Pro 8, and Kevlar in the Tablette Anniversary and K6 models, thereby achieving levels of sound quality that were only dreamed of a few years ago. The necessary exhaustive research involved in the development of these models and the materials employed, has enabled us to design cones that give excellent frequency response characteristics and the new Response D30 is the latest model to take advantage of the acoustic excellence of carbon fibre.
The crossover network employs dedicated components of the highest quality and multi strand oxygen free copper wiring. The classic ProAc split crossover design offers bi-wiring and bi-amping options. The D30 therefore offers a similar bass loading, cone material, tweeter and crossover network to that of its larger sibling, making it an ideal choice for those who require a smaller floorstander, but still demand sonic excellence.
Once set up using ProAc's supplied spikes, which are designed to penetrate even thick carpet and when partnered with quality electronics, the exceptional performance of the D30 can be fully realised. Offering clean powerful bass, an uncoloured, open midrange and a sweet, detailed high frequency response, the Stewart Tyler designed D30 offers a wonderfully natural and musical performance with pinpoint imagery that will appeal to audiophiles and music lovers all over the world.
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Recommended Amplifiers: 10 to 200 watts
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 30KHz
- Sensitivity: 89 dB linear for 1 watt at 1 metre
- Bass Diver: 6.5” (165mm) ProAc unit fitted with carbon fibre cone with a polymer rear coating & concentric damping
- Tweeter (ribbon): ProAc ribbon unit 60mm by10 mm as light as a human hair with rear chamber damping
- Crossover: HQ network using the finest dedicated components wired with multi strand oxygen free copper cable split for bi wiring or bi-amplification
- Dimensions: Height: 41” (1041mm), Width: 8.5” (215mm), Depth: 10.5” (266mm)
- Width: 10 1/8” (257mm)
- Depth: 12 ¼” (311mm)
- Weight: 27 Kgs per cabinet unpacked
- Grille: Acoustically transparent crimplene